Benefits: Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA):
1. DHA is vital for baby's visual development. It accounts for one third of the fatty acids in the retina.
2. During the final months of pregnancy and in the first 6 months of the infant's life the retina undergoes tremendous development drawing upon stored energy and DHA for growth.
3.About 60% of the gray matter in our brains is composed of fat. About a third of that fat is DHA making it the most prominent phospholipid fatty acid.
L-Arginine is a nonÃâÃÂessential alpha amino acid. It is necessary for body to make proteins.L-Arginine is converted in the body into a chemical called nitric oxide which is a vasodilator. This widens the vessels and improves the blood flow. It also stimulates the release of the growth hormone.
Pregnant women may use l-Arginine to reduce high blood pressure; a serious condition known as preeclampsia that results in constriction of the blood vessels. It is one of the major causes of maternal and neonatal motility.
Arginine improves the health and growth of the fetus in pregnant women with preÃâÃÂ eclampsia.
Arginine increases the placenta circulation for better growth of the baby and reduces the chance of any early miscarriage.
Beneficial Effects of Arginine:
- Precursor of nitric oxide (NO)
- Improves blood flow
- Improves immune system
- Stimulate release of growth hormone
- Supports normal blood pressure
- Reduce healing time of injuries
- Reduces risk of blood clot and stroke
- Proanthocyanidin is a type of flavonoid and antioxidant, found in the skin of fruits and vegetables. It plays an important role in blood vessels. Proanthocyanidin helps in stabilizing collagen within the body; also in the maintenance of elastin. Collagen and elastin are the two principle proteins used in the formation of connective tissue.
- Also inhibit platelet aggregation and vascular constriction; prevents stroke.
- Increase intracellular vitamin C levels.
- Scavenge oxidants and free radicals.
- Inhibit destruction of collagen.
- Folic is a form of the water soluble vitamin B9.
- It protects the unborn baby from developing neural tube defects such as Spina bifida. It may also help to prevent other birth defects, such as cleft palate.
- Folic acid is good for pregnant women too, as it works with vitamin B12 to form healthy red blood cells. Not having enough folic acid can cause anemia due to lack of iron.
- Vitamin B6 is a water soluble pyridoxine.
- It is good idea for most pregnant women to take vitamin B6. Pregnancy problems (such as birth defects) could occur as a result of a severe vitamin B6 deficiency.
- Vitamin B6 is often recommended for preventing morning sickness.
- There is also some concern that taking very high doses of vitamin B6 during pregnancy can lead to seizures in the newborn.
- It helps body to metabolize proteins, fats and carbohydrates. It also helps form new red blood cells, antibodies, and neurotransmitters, and is vital to baby's developing brain and nervous system.
Other Benefits of Vitamin B6:
- Breakdown of complex nutrients
- Increase nutrients absorption
- Strengthens the immune system
- Regulates blood pressure
Office: 11-12, Sayona Estate, Opp. Gallops Motor, S G Highway, Sarkhej, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, 382210, India